Classes are currently being offered in a hybrid format – you are free to join the live class via Zoom, or in person with masks and physical distancing. Whatever is more comfortable for you! This class emphasizes community, so additional connection opportunities are provided outside of class.
The six-week Birth Informed Childbirth Class is comprehensive, engaging, evidence-based preparation for labor, birth, and early parenting. Using a wide variety of teaching methods and activities, the aim is to help you and your partner to identify your needs and desires, and empower you to make informed decisions. While many of the mothers who choose to take this class are preparing for an un-medicated birth, this is not a “natural childbirth class”. This is a class that helps you understand the process of labor, and helps you develop skills and understanding to work through the process. These skills include labor coping skills, as well as decision-making tools, mental frameworks, and personal reflection on your own best ways of coping and communicating. We address all birthing environments (home, hospital, or birth center), and typical practices of care providers (nurses, and midwives or doctors) according to the birthing locations of the couples in the class.
Your childbirth classes will provide:
- Knowledge about the physiological and hormonal dance of birth
- Interactive exploration of coping skills: breathing, visualizations, labor positions, massage, comfort measures
- Physical practice of various skills and positions in class, and helps to practice new skills at home
- Evidence-based information about medical interventions, along with benefits, risks, and alternatives
- Breastfeeding and postpartum preparation
- 110 page Study Guide full of information, photos, anecdotes, and encouragement
- Exploration of the connection you and your partner have with each other, and with your baby
- The opportunity to connect with other expecting couples and engage in community
This is a class that keeps you involved! You will walk away with a solid understanding of the birth process, and the necessary tools and information to work through your birth, however it may unfold.
**University of Oregon students and staff:
If you are attempting to register with the link above from a computer or other device which is connected to the UofO network, you may have trouble with the link to the registration form. Please email email@example.com directly if you encounter this problem.
Monday Evenings, 6:30-8:45pm.
August 24 – September 28
October 12 – November 16
January 18 – February 22
March 8 – April 12
April 26 – June 7 (no class on Memorial Day)
June 21 – July 26
September 6 – October 11
October 25 – Dec. 6 (no class Thanksgiving week)Register Here
New Location! Thank you to Dr. Beth Washak at Eugene Family Chiropractic for hosting our class!
90886 Coburg Road
Eugene, OR 97401
The Bridge Open Bible Church